January 31, 2007

Toot Toot

They like us! They really like us!

We had a few Sally Field moments today when we learned that the Huntington had garnered 20 IRNE (Independent Reviewers of New England) nominations. I'll revise this post in a day or so to include all of the details and links. Here's the quick rundown;

Mauritius and Radio Golf each came in with 6 nods, including Best Play AND Best Drama or Comedy for each.

Nicholas Martin was nominated as Best Director for Love's Labour's Lost. Actors Marin Ireland, Michael Aranov, Anthony Chisholm, Eugene Lee, Hassan El-Amin and Geneva Carr all received nominations.

A total of seven productions (out of eight eligible) received nominations in at least one category, seven of those nominations for Design (I'd like to thank my Mom, of course all of my staff, and... um... my goldfish "Snuggles").

The nominated productions (in chronological order) are: Les Liaisons Dangerouses, The Hopper Collection, Forbidden Broadway:Special Victims Unit, Love's Labour's Lost, Radio Golf, Mauritius, and Rabbit Hole.

The IRNE awards are March 19th, hosted this year by our BCA friends at the Cyclorama, right next door to the Calderwood Pavilion. I found the entire list of nominations at the StageSource website. I also found a couple of errors there (Michael Friedman is the Composer for Love's Labour's Lost, not the set and/or sound designer) so I'm not calling it the definitive list yet.

Which Huntington productions get YOUR vote? Click here and take our poll.

No comments: