April 8, 2008

The Cry of the Reed Opens

It was a great time last week with the final performances of Shining City, previews for The Cry of the Reed, and our 5th Breaking Ground Festival. I witnessed some great performances and some really interesting, funny and/or moving work from our five playwrights. Thanks to Lauren for her great blog posts.

I'm off to celebrate the opening night of The Cry of the Reed tomorrow night and I am really looking forward to seeing the show again. I haven't seen it in over a week - it was riveting then - and word has it that the cast, director and playwright have continued to develop the work culminating in an amazing performance on Sunday last weekend.

We are loading in Il Barbiere di Siviglia (The Barber of Seville) this week, and rehearsals for She Loves Me start next week. I'm heading down to NY for a last minute design meeting with Nicholas and team on Thursday. Meanwhile - I'll leave you with some rehearsal footage and audience reaction from The Cry of the Reed.





Video by: Laura Haughey & Paul Lyzun
(yehguah@yahoo.com & plyzun@idc.com)

Music composed by Eric Shim
Ney performed by Gamal Lotfi

No comments: