May 15, 2008

Ennio - Audience Reviews

I want to hear what you've got to say about Ennio! I've been a little busy over on Huntington Ave with She Loves Me but am planning to see it in a week or so...

My friend Andy sent in this note:

"I really enjoyed it! I think it was probably the most creative show I've seen in a long time. It was amazing enough that the costumes were all made from paper-derivatives (I kept thinking how much work it must take to make them and keep them up), but then how one costume was transformed into another... representing a personality at the other end of the spectrum from the first. Very creative."

Read the Boston Globe review. Sounds like Louise Kennedy had a great time.

"...he's always a kick, and never a drag". I think Tom Garvey might have enjoyed it too...

Robert Israel, at Edge Boston, says "Yes, "Ennio!" is a gem. Yes, this performer is a must-see. Just when you think he has done it all, and he is actually going to collapse on stage from sheer exhaustion, he peels away another paper layer of wonderment. And then he takes you on another colorful journey of song, dance and imagination. You will finally leave the theater beaming from the joy."

And thus far my favorite blog review; not a rave - but it has style. Click here.

What did you think??

Click on the comment link below to add your thoughts.

Ennio runs through June 1 at the Calderwood Pavilion at the Boston Center for the Arts, 527 Tremont St. Boston, MA, 02116. Presented by the Huntington Theatre Company 617 266-0800

No comments: