November 11, 2008

Lysistrata, Lizzie Stranton, Liz Estrada, Lydia Diamond

So - shortly after publishing this - I had an nagging feeling something was off. I knew BU CFA's School of Theatre was producing Lysistrata over at the Calderwood Pavilion in December - and that Lydia was doing a lot this fall with the school. Could it be?

Yes - the Boston Globe was wrong (it's not called Liz Estrada) and Lydia's adaptation of Aristophanes' Lysistrata is indeed happening in December at the Wimberly.

I contacted Lydia to get the details: Hi Todd, I hadn't seen the blog, and thank you regardless for thinking of me and including me in it. So, I'm adapting Lysistrata.... the title of which is "Lizzie Stranton" a re-imagining of Aristophanes' Lysistrata.

You can get more info here and here. Huntington subscribers get in for just $10

BTW - Voyeurs de Venus is getting great reviews... It runs through Nov 22 and you can get tickets at our very own BTS.

No comments: