The Huntington garnered 29 IRNE nominations for plays produced in 2009, more than any other local theatre company.
The nominees are
"A Civil War Christmas: An American Musical Celebration"
- Best Supporting Actress, Jacqui Parker
- Best Supporting Actress, Uzo Aduba
- Best Child Actor: Alanna T. Logan
Maureen McGovern in "A Long and Winding Road"
- Best Solo Performance
- Best Lighting Design, Ann Wrightson
- Best Sound Design, Ben Emerson
- Best Supporting Actor, Warner Miller
- Best Supporting Actor, Bill Nunn
- Best Supporting Actor, Eugene Lee
- Best Actress, Crystal Fox
- Best Actor, John Beasley
- Best Director, Kenny Leon
- Best Production
"Pirates! (or, Gilbert and Sullivan Plunder'd)"
- Best Scenic Design, Rob Bissinger
- Best Ensemble
- Best Choreography, Denis Jones
- Best Supporting Actor (Musical), Ed Dixon
- Best Direction, Gordon Greenberg
- Best Production of a Musical
"The Miracle at Naples"
- Best New Play, David Grimm
- Best Costume Design, Anita Yavich
- Best Ensemble
"Two Men of Florence"
- Best New Play, Richard N. Goodwin
- Best Scenic Design, Francis O'Connor
- Best Lighting Design, Ben Ormerod
- Best Costume Design, Francis O'Connor
"The Corn Is Green"
- Best Lead Actress, Kate Burton
- Best Director, Nicholas Martin
- Best Production of a Play
Congrats also to staffers M. Bevin O’Gara, Best Director, for THE PAIN AND THE ITCH (Company One), and Danny Bryck, Best Actor in a Musical, for HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH (Blue Spruce Theatre)
The Awards will be presented on Monday, April 19 at the Boston Center for the Arts' Cyclorama at 7:30pm.
More info and the full list at Stagesource.
Comment on this post