December 30, 2009

What play changed your life?

What play changed your life? It's a great question - and one that I don't mind stealing. I ran across it yesterday in the NY Times Arts Beat Blog  - they lifted it "from the new book “The Play That Changed My Life,” in which Christopher Durang, Sarah Ruhl, John Patrick Shanley and other playwrights write about that elusive encounter every theatergoer lives for: a play that inspires, moves and forever changes you."(1). And I am lifting it from them.

It's the time of year when the top ten lists of the year come out (some media are even doing biggest Arts stories of the decade) so I thought it would be interesting to ask Huntington artists, staff, and patrons to reflect on a (slightly) longer period of their life in the theatre.

So here goes: What play changed your life? Or - How did Theatre change your life?

Click here to share your story




(1) NY Times Arts Beat Blog

2 comments:

Chad said...

"The Real Thing" by Tom Stoppard, performed at the Donmar Warehouse in London.

Anonymous said...

The most amazing performance that I ever saw was Jack McGowran performing a one man show of Samule Beckett's work at the Public Theatre in NY in the 70's. It compelled me to read ALL of Beckett's play and novels and I have never been sane since!